The CityU VMC Internal Medicine Service provides consultations for pets with complex acute and chronic medical disorders. Our internal medicine team works with you and your primary care veterinarian to develop an optimal diagnostic and treatment plan for your pet.
Common internal medicine disorders include diseases of the kidneys, liver, respiratory system, gastrointestinal system, endocrine system, and blood cells. Evaluation of these disorders may include routine and specialised blood and urine tests. Internal medicine specialists also have expertise in minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as ultrasound, endoscopy, fine needle aspiration, bone marrow biopsy, feeding tube placement, and advanced imaging techniques.
Our services include:
- Advanced diagnostic workup for challenging cases
- Endoscopy (examination of the gastrointestinal tract with a camera) and endoscopic biopsy
- Bronchoscopy (examination of the respiratory tract with a camera)
- Advanced imaging and tissue sampling
- Endocrine testing, diagnosis, and treatment
- Staging and management of chronic diseases
To get the most out of your internal medicine consultation, please send us your pet’s entire medical history, including any diagnostic or imaging findings, prior to your appointment.