Opened in April 2019, CityU Veterinary Medical Centre (CityU VMC) is one of the largest and most advanced 24/7 companion animal veterinary clinics in Hong Kong.
Our State-of-the-Art Facilities
With a team of professionals dedicated to primary care, 24-hour emergency, and specialty services, our facilities span over 30,000 square feet and include:
- 20+ Consultation Rooms
- Emergency and Critical Care Unit
- 7 state-of-art Operating Theatres
- Well-equipped Dentistry Clinic
- Pre-Surgical Induction & Recovery Monitoring Room
- Advanced Imaging and Diagnostic equipment
Our Tailor-made Care for Furry Friends
We have achieved gold-level accreditation as a Cat-Friendly Clinic from the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM), which demonstrates our adherence to a rigorous set of over 80 criteria. Our Fear Free Certified Professionals in the medical team help reduce the fear, anxiety, and stress of your pet and create an enjoyable and safe experience during their visits and stays.
- Separate waiting areas and wards for cats and dogs
- Pheromone-infused towel to relieve stress and anxiety while waiting
- The anti-slippery surface on all examination and treatment tables ensures patients' safety
- Treats, rewards, and toys are often used during consultation and examination to improve positive experiences for both patients and owners
- Dedicated treatment hours for our inpatient animals to ensure proper rest and undisturbed sleep
- Dimmed and patient-friendly music in wards to reduce fear, anxiety, and stress
- Ceramic food and water bowl to reduce the metallic taste in food for our feline patients where traditional stainless steel food containers do
- Dog appeasing pheromones in dog-specific areas to relieve fear, anxiety, and stress.
- Dedicated hours of exercise and walk within our hospital setting for our canine patients to stimulate appetite and mentality
- Odourless and environment-friendly veterinary specific disinfectant is used to avoid "nose blindness" and be responsible for the environment
There are independent entrances for the Centre and the 24-hour Emergency Service unit, and our reception is located at the entrance of our premise. Hospital trips can often be very stressful and we hope our complimentary refreshments and customer service representatives can make your visits more enjoyable.
Separate waiting areas are designed for dogs and cats. We have these waiting areas dedicated to our patients and their families during visiting hours. This space is designed for patients to stretch their legs in a relatively comfortable environment. We believe close interaction with family helps patients with recovery. Outside of visiting hours, this room functions as a secondary waiting area for consultations. For more information regarding visiting regulations and visiting hours please click here.
At our centre we have five different wards. We separate our wards into different categories with priority placed on the type of care they require. The ICU ward is for patients whom require critical care, our isolation ward for patients with contagious diseases and our chemotherapy ward for patients receiving chemo treatment.
Regular patients are separated between our cat and dog wards because patients can often feel stressed in the presence of other species in a foreign environment. Our exclusive wards aim to minimize patient stress as it may interfere with their recovery.
Laboratory facilities are rare among veterinary clinics and laboratory diagnostics are usually outsourced. However, at CityU VMC we are adequately equipped to perform most of our lab tests in-house. We are also fortunate enough to have a registered Part I MLT overseeing our operations. We have adequate registered laboratory technicians assisting in our operations.
We have multiple surgery rooms at our centre, most of which are equipped with dedicated facilities for our veterinary specialties such as Neurology and Advanced Surgery.
Here at CityU Veterinary Medical Centre, we install the most sophisticated diagnostic medical equipment, helping our team of veterinarians and support staff to provide your pet with the best possible veterinary care.
|Most-Advanced Diagnostic Equipment
|All new and advanced 64-slice CT scanner
|1.5 T MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging)
|Complete digital radiography
|Color Doppler echocardiography